Tuesday, June 15, 2010

FML

My brother sent me this piece from the New York Magazine today, and it's really getting me amped up to move to New York. And by amped up, I mean nervous as heck. I think it's a sign, that I may potentially be reminded daily to "f*** my life."

As the column suggests, I will (hopefully not) be running late, (definitely) be overheated, and (probably) otherwise dejected. The good news is that my line of work will likely not take me as far downtown as 14th Street, unless I end up living in Brooklyn.

I suppose I should use this as an opportunity to explain the title of this blog. I've heard horror stories from friends who live in the city about falling asleep on random subway trains after a long day and waking up in Flatbush. So here's to hoping that, after clocking a 15 hour day, I don't wake up on the F, M, or L trains.

1 comment:

  1. wait i saw the article that pointed out that story a couple of days ago! cant believe the mta is actually going to change the signs...

    "horror stories" eh?

    ReplyDelete