Friday, June 25, 2010

Just a Leisurely Stroll

So I woke up especially early this morning under the belief that work started at 9am (as opposed to the usual 9:30) per the orientation calendar I received with my acceptance letter. So abiding by the film mantra that you're late if you're on time, I showed up to an empty office at 8:30. People slowly started trickling in around 9. Apparently I missed the memo that the seminar indeed started at 9:30.

When we finally got started, we continued yesterday's discussion on paperwork and went over the homework assignment. As difficult as it was to do yesterday, it actually seems pretty straightforward now. Also, the good thing is that in the real scenario of putting a production report together, I will basically just be copying each department's daily notes into my report, so it won't require too much deciphering on my part. It also seems like production's beginning to pick up. On our first day, we all drew numbers. I drew number four, so I probably won't start until mid-August. But the guy who drew number one is 99% certain to be assigned to Gossip Girl and the girl who drew number two will likely go to Law and Order: SVU. I wonder what I'll get?!?


After work, I decided the day was too nice to take the subway, so I walked home through Central Park. This city really is quite remarkable. When you get lost in the depths of Central Park, you really don't feel like you're in one of the most populous cities in the world. Especially when the hillsides are dotted with sunbathers in swimsuits, it's easy to forget that around you is a logjam of traffic. There are also somethings that I think are only suitable near bodies of water, and swimsuits are one of those things. Semi-clothed men and women just look awkward sunbathing in Central Park. Also, I guess New York has installed pianos all across town and I stumbled across this one on the main drag of Central Park (see above). He was playing a stylized version of "Brown Eyed Girl." I can't believe I'm saying this, but I kind of enjoy living here.

1 comment:

  1. Wish you had played The Piano-in-the-Park! And I wish you would post the picture of the Poets' Walk...those majestic trees!

    ReplyDelete