Thursday, August 26, 2010

I Got a Job!

Hard to believe, two posts in one day. But such a groundbreaking step in this blog's plot warrants the day's second entry. The day started off innocent enough. I woke up later than I expected, finally rolled out of bed even later. I knew it wasn't going to be quite as active as yesterday (though the weather today couldn't have been better). But everything started to pick up when I finally decided to venture out of the apartment to run some errands at around 4pm.

First I discovered on the kitchen counter a paycheck (yesterday's mail) for the day I worked on Premium Rush two weeks ago. Then I checked today's mail and in it was my paycheck for the commercial I did two weeks ago. Then to top it all off, as I headed to the bank to deposit the aforementioned checks, I got a call from the DGA program administrator.

"Get out a pen and paper," she started. "Cause I've got a job for you!"

It was music to my ears.

But wait, what could it be? She had been saying for awhile that it might be Law and Order: Criminal Intent.

"And it's not Criminal Intent," she continued.

Phew, I was kind of hoping for something more fresh, more new.

"It's a movie."

Woah! A movie! But the first three trainees got assigned to TV shows. Can I really handle the big leagues?

"It's called The Sitter."

Hmm, ok?

"And it stars everyone's favorite, Jonah Hill."

YES!

"Oh great," I calmly replied.

She proceeded to give me all the details about who I'd be working with, when I'd be working, and what I should expect. Apparently the 1st AD on The Sitter is good friends with the 2nd AD on Premium Rush, and the 2nd AD was the one who asked if I could continue working as a PA after my week of shadowing. So hopefully I can get a good recommendation from her. Needless to say, I am psyched to start my new job. I won't be starting until late September, but in the meantime, I've been given the ok to continue moonlighting on Premium Rush.

All told, though the day started out slow, it was a banner day in the life of me. I got paid, I got a job, and I barely had to get off the couch (which is finally losing its new couch smell and starting to feel like home).

1 comment: