Sunday, August 22, 2010

Only in New York

Work today was "cancelled" due to rain. I feel like I'm in an esteemed group, reserved for professional athletes and film crews, that I can say that. I still showed up at 6am, and I still moved some traffic cones to close off three lanes of Columbus Ave., but as the rain picked up, a large group of PAs were told we could leave as the crew would be shooting interior scenes in a studio in Brooklyn. So with all this newfound time, I figured I might as well update my blog.

The past couple of days have been fairly uneventful. It's frustrating that I have my entire week free (when all of my friends, with their 9-to-5 jobs are busy) and then I'm busy on the weekends when my friends want to go out. Hopefully my first DGA trainee job will have a more conventional production week (especially with the football season fast approaching!). Yesterday was more of the same: locking up one of a number of New York City blocks while Joseph Gordon-Levitt rode his bike through stunt traffic with the PursuitCar close behind. The high point of the day was when this guy...

...rolled through set, blasting Snoop Dogg. Apparently, David Koepp, the writer-director of the film, was thoroughly impressed with the guy so hopefully we'll see him in the movie. Other than that, not a lot's happened. The apartment's pretty much broken in and I'm acclimating myself to waking up at ungodly hours of the morning. Now I just need to slowly introduce sightseeing into my daily schedule. If the weather's cooperative tomorrow, I may try to go to a beach or Coney Island tomorrow while everyone else I know wastes away at their desks.

No comments:

Post a Comment