Friday, July 9, 2010

Not Fit For a King

News travels fast and far. Especially when it's about LeBron James. The top news result for LeBron, when I Google-Hondurased him, was "Cleveland 'destrozada' por la marcha de James y Miami 'celebra' su llegada," or, according to Google translator, "Cleveland 'devastated' by the departure of James and Miami 'celebrates' his arrival." While my heart does go out to Cleveland, especially considering its history of lousy sports, I also feel a little bit robbed.

I was really warming up to the idea of becoming a basketball fan. I felt that Brooklyn really had the perfect storm brewing. The Russian oligarch/Jay-Z are planning to move the Nets to Brooklyn, LeBron was considering the Nets, and Brooklyn shares the same boundaries as Kings County. If LeBron truly is King James, wouldn't he want his own county?!

Anyway I digress, it seems I will hold on to my satellite allegiances in baseball and football because there's no treading on those and because the only thing I like less than the NBA is hockey (sorry Rangers and Islanders).

In other news, all's well in Honduras! My girlfriend and I went bowling yesterday and we're planning to go to one or two of the outlying towns (Santa Lucia and Valle de Angeles). In the meantime, my brother and third roommate are planning the official move-in to our apartment tomorrow. We found a pretty awesome L-shaped couch on Craigslist that I'm hoping we can land, because it would fit perfectly in our apartment. Brooklyn, here we come, with or without LeBron!

1 comment: